Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Great Weekend

This past weekend I met up with old friends in Tokyo. They took me to their beach house in Chiba and it was amazing. We had a nice barbeque and we set off fireworks. The family had two kids..They had one son who was my age who I became good friends with. The next day we went to the beach and caught fish, shrimp, and an octopus! After a delicious sashimi lunch we went back to Tokyo where we had dinner at a yakitori restaurant. I ate two new foods, chicken gizzard and chicken liver. Not my favorites, but I'm glad I tried them. The next day I went around Tokyo with the boy from the family. We took a boat up a river all the way through Tokyo to Asakusa. I bought a wooden sword and a yukata there. Then we had tonkatsu for lunch and did some more shopping. After that I took the strawberry bus home to Togane. I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment