Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Berkeley JPDO was great! Now I'm off to Japan!

My japan pre-departure orientation was amazing. We stayed in dorms at the University of California Berkeley. I made a ton of new friends who will be staying in Japan for the summer. We ate great food and went to all kinds of classes about Japanese language and culture. I met with a Kikkoman executive for a dinner and he was a really cool guy, I am so happy to have such a great sponsor! I woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning and took a flight at 8:45 a.m. to Seattle. I am now waiting in Seattle Airport to board my flight to Narita, japan. I can't believe I am finally going to meet my host family! I am not going to be able to sleep on this flight I am way too anxious to meet them all! The next time I post here I will be living with my host family! Hopefully they have internet so I can write about what is going on.

1 comment: