Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Narita Shrine

Yesterday I slept in and Rie and I skipped school. At around noon Okaasan took us both to the Narita Shrine. I could not believe how big it was. All of the buildings were ancient and very intricately detailed it was beautiful. I learned a lot about buddhist religion and met with a high priest who showed me how to properly light incense and pray at a buddhist shrine. I felt very honored to be let in on such ancient and important traditions. After visiting the shrine Rie was very hot so we went to a restaurant and we all got these giant blue Japanese snow cone things, they were very refreshing. Then, we drove to nearby Narita airport where my host father works. After maybe five security checks my host father took us all into the main control tower of Narita Airport!!! It was sooo cool. I got to see all the fancy switch boards and I got a 360 degree view of the runways while planes landed and took off. SO COOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment