Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Went into Tokyo!

Yesterday was a very fun day. I woke up at around 8:00 a.m. ate a quick breakfast then my host dad dropped me off at a bus stop. I got on the bus and took it from Togane to Tokyo Station. Once at Tokyo station I bought a ticket and my host parents told me to take the Yamanote Line to Shinjuku. But when I looked at the train map it seemed the Chuo Line would get me there much faster.. So I took my chances and went with the Chuo Line and I was in Shinjuku in about 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes on the Yamanote Line. I was pretty impressed with my navigation skills... Then once in Tokyo, I met up with an english teacher who is a family friend of the Motoyoshis in a Takashimaya. Then we walked back to her office where I met her husband and cousin. They were the nicest people and we talked for hours in English, which felt very good! Then they took me to the Meiji Shrine which was awesome. We also walked around Harajuku and saw a lot of weird looking people. Then we drove back to Togane and they took me out for Okonomiyaki. It was delicious, just like every food in Japan. will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment